« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Es werden für mehr Seite noch 12 (25) neue Abos benötigt.
12 (25) new 1-Year-subscriptions are required for more pages.

Make a Subscription NOW!
More Infos: http://25.amigafuture.de

DigiBooster 3 Beta 26

Support DigiBooster

Moderators: G.Frank, AndreasM

daxb
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by daxb »

I always missed a "sample-creator" direct in a tracker. DBP2 has the 303 one but that isn`t good and handling sucks. However, such stuff is a huge work. Alternative would be external Programs like SoundFX that could send samples to DBP3 via ARexx. Not optimal but better then nothing.
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by krashan »

There will be publicly documented API (plus code example) for creating sample generators and filters. Then you will be able to have more than one :-). I guess also some synth plugin using the API will be added in the future.

As for ARexx, commands for loading/saving samples are already implemented and working in DigiBooster 3 (in demo 26 as well).
daxb
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by daxb »

I had already a look into ARexx guide an guess the "LoadSample" will do the trick. :)
sharrukin
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by sharrukin »

krashan wrote:
sharrukin wrote:Please provide at the final version an: "auto-save-function"!
Good idea. I guess two options:
1. Time between autosaves.
2. How many versions of backups to keep.
will be OK.

Time of saving module is very short (For example I was working on 4 MB module on PowerBook yesterday, and saving the module takes about one second).
sharrukin wrote:make REALTIME effects like "cutoff" and "Resonance", besides much other standard-synthesizer-settings...wich sounds really good!!!
They are planned. Internally DSP effect mask of a track has 32 bits for a reason :-). However they probably won't make into 3.0, but some later 3.x update. I plan to add 3 filters:

1. Lowpass (which is the same as cut-off, I believe).
2. Highpass.
3. Resonance.

About parameters, I guess slope for lowpass and highpass may be fixed at 12 dB/octave, the frequency will be tunable realtime with effect parameter. "L" command may be used for lowpass, unfortunately "H" is taken already (yes, it is global volume slide), so some other letter have to be proposed. For now, if we leave small letters aside, following ones are free to use: I, J, L (it is envelope slide, but no plans to support it), M, N, O (risky, too similar to 0), Q, R, S (well, it is global pitch change, for now not implemented), T, U. Also there are 24 small letters waiting...

However resonance filter has more than one parameter, I guess, the most important one for realtime change is the frequency, but there is also gain, and Q factor. If I want to make all the three realtime tunable, I would need three effect letters. Alternatively gain and Q factor may be settable per-track, but not realtime (from DSP panel).
sharrukin wrote:those effects working in REALTIME on an Amiga500, with NOOO additional CPU-Power, besides the MC68000!!!!
Yes, these filters are relatively cheap in terms of CPU load. Two-section lowpass or highpass filter needs two multiplications per audio sample.
sharrukin wrote:So whats the problem to build that effects in your DB3???
None, except of time needed. I will try my best to get them into 3.0, but it may be they will be added later.

Hey,

thank you for trying to implement my suggestions :)
it would really improve music-making on real amiga!

cheers :)
Frenz
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by Frenz »

Hi, I've been using DBpro2 a lot 13 years ago ;) - and just tried out the beta version of dbpro 3 just now :) What can I say? Looks like some serious improvement has been done.

However, I miss being able to load/play protracker mods. Do you have plans for this, or is there a way to convert them to .DBM other than using DBpro v2?

Is there possible to register the beta as of now?

Cheers,
Frenz
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by krashan »

Frenz wrote:However, I miss being able to load/play protracker mods. Do you have plans for this
Yes, loading a few formats of modules - including ProTracker ones of course - is planned for some 3.x version.
Frenz wrote:Is there possible to register the beta as of now?
DigiBooster 3 has been just released today, so you can try the demo and buy the full version :-).