« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Roadshow and nullsana

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

torsti76

Roadshow and nullsana

Post by torsti76 »

Hi,

I'm trying to get Roadshow working with nullsana.device (from Aminet) to provide the Fusion Mac emulator with network.

I enabled ip.forwarding in Roadshow and set up nullsana according to it's documentation. I now can ping both the Amiga-side nullsana IP and the real NIC IP from the Mac side. But what needs to be done to route the nullsana subnet via the real NIC is beyond me.

Do I need ipf rules for that? Is there documentation regarding routing/forwarding hidden somewhere in Roadshow?

Thanks in advance,
Torsten
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: Roadshow and nullsana

Post by olsen »

torsti76 wrote: 22.05.2020 - 15:00 Hi,

I'm trying to get Roadshow working with nullsana.device (from Aminet) to provide the Fusion Mac emulator with network.

I enabled ip.forwarding in Roadshow and set up nullsana according to it's documentation. I now can ping both the Amiga-side nullsana IP and the real NIC IP from the Mac side. But what needs to be done to route the nullsana subnet via the real NIC is beyond me.

Do I need ipf rules for that? Is there documentation regarding routing/forwarding hidden somewhere in Roadshow?

Thanks in advance,
Torsten
Yes, this is possible, but it will require a bit of complex setup. I did not try this myself yet, but a different Roadshow user solved the same problem using vlink.device (http://aminet.net/comm/tcp/vlink.lha), custom firewall rules for network address translation and specific DNS and gateway rules on the Macintosh side.

I still need to answer his e-mails properly (my inbox has filled up quite a bit since early April - I'm terribly behind in answering messages), and I will ask him if he would be so kind to share the details of his specific solution.
torsti76

Post by torsti76 »

Hi olsen,

I found the answer to this, too, by the help of a nice EAB member. I documented the findings here:

https://gitlab.com/tkurbad/amiga-hardwa ... ed-drivers

Best,
Torsten
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

Thank you! It's a bit late for updating the documentation which ships with Roadshow... We'll have to update the online FAQs.