« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Roadshow connection freezing- plipbox

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

Mixel
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Roadshow connection freezing- plipbox

Post by Mixel »

Hi!

Roadshow works well for me with my plipbox - for a while.. until I do certain things.. eg using ibrowse, it’ll work for 10, 15 minutes say, then the network will freeze and I can’t reinitialise it until I turn off (and on) both the Amiga and the plipbox’s power supply..

Another thing that makes it immediately freeze is quitting AmiTradeCenter.. it’ll be working great and immediately stop.

I can tell that’s when it happens as I‘be been running a ping window to see if there’s any reason to the oddness. Instantly freezes when I quit ATC.. Seems odd?

I’ve already enabled NOBURST on the plipbox so it can’t be that.. I really don’t know if this is a plipbox or a roadshow issue. 😕

Sorry I’m not super techy when it comes to Shell stuff so any advise might need to assume I’m a moron who has no idea what he’s doing. 😂 (eg, I had real trouble figuring out what the heck the plipbox documentation is talking about in the settings section) Thanks in advance!

Oops, important info:

A1200, ACA1233n, Plipbox (0.6) OS3.1.4.1
Mixel
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Re: Roadshow connection freezing- plipbox

Post by Mixel »

Ooh, it seems I can disconnect roadshow (using roadie) turn off the external power on the plipbox.. turn it back on again, and reconnect in roadie, and it’ll work again for a while.. Odd. It’s a lot more manageable if I don’t have to keep turning the Amiga off/on again at least.
Mixel
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by Mixel »

Trying to troubleshoot by installing other tcp stacks and Miami works great without the constant network drops..

I don’t regret buying roadshow as it’s at least under active development, but I do wonder what’s going on with it.. At least I know I don’t have a faulty plipbox now. :)
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

So this may be a hardware issue? Did you test this with a different Plipbox? As far as I recall, the Plipbox was among the very first network devices which supported Roadshow out of the box, complete with an example configuration an script. It should still work fine since the PPP driver has not changed in more than three years (assuming that the Plipbox drivers have not changed in that same time span).
Mixel
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by Mixel »

Nope I never managed to get to the bottom of it. Miami seems to work for me for prolonged periods but roadshow still doesn't. :/ I only have the one Plipbox to try it on. Tempted to get some other (pcmcia maybe) ethernet adapter to see if it happens with that too.