« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Two computers occasionally

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

PDrill
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Two computers occasionally

Post by PDrill »

Will RoadShow lock up and die or do something else unwanted if it finds out that one license is used in two computers at the same time? There's just something I'd like to experiment with but I don't want to buy another license just to try something (which will probably not even work) out for a few hours.

And don't get me wrong, surely anyone supporting the Amiga these days deserves their pay, but another 25 eur for a few hours is something I don't find sensible :-)

-Ch
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: Two computers occasionally

Post by olsen »

PDrill wrote: 15.03.2021 - 22:07 Will RoadShow lock up and die or do something else unwanted if it finds out that one license is used in two computers at the same time?
No, because I'm a lazy person and working out and implementing something like that would have taken far too much effort than I'm willing to spend on making somebody miserable. Also, making sure that righteous justice is delivered and the innocent are spared is very hard to achieve and perform reliably, even in real life. I hope you are not disappointed by me wussing out on these non-trivial challenges ;)
There's just something I'd like to experiment with but I don't want to buy another license just to try something (which will probably not even work) out for a few hours.

And don't get me wrong, surely anyone supporting the Amiga these days deserves their pay, but another 25 eur for a few hours is something I don't find sensible :-)

-Ch
Experiment to your heart's desire. The Amiga is, among other things, also about experimenting and creativity. We wouldn't want it to be any other way, and discourage that, would we?