Navigation

Anonymous

Register
Login

Amiga Future

Community

Knowledge

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 154 was released on the January 5th.

More informations

Service

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

Partnerlinks

RoadShow 1.14 Demo to Purchased - still demo?

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

hackerdude
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

RoadShow 1.14 Demo to Purchased - still demo?

Post by hackerdude »

Hello,

I installed the Roadshow Demo 1.14. I liked it better than Miami and I decided to go ahead and purchase it for my ZZ9000 card.

Upon purchasing on Amigashop, I got an “Update” LHA. I extracted it and ran it.

It went through all the files, and then told me there was nothing to upgrade.

But when I run GetNetStatus, I still get bad socket.library Roadshow 1.14 DEMO version (Roadshow 4.347 29-11-2019 DEMO).

Is there a license file I may have failed to copy? Is there some registration I can make? I am at a loss and I’d like to get my stack to last for longer than 15 minutes after paying the license.

I will also send this by email to the shop, though if they are just a reseller it’s unclear if they’re going to be able to help.

Thank you!
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: RoadShow 1.14 Demo to Purchased - still demo?

Post by olsen »

hackerdude wrote: 27.10.2021 - 07:06 Hello,

I installed the Roadshow Demo 1.14. I liked it better than Miami and I decided to go ahead and purchase it for my ZZ9000 card.

Upon purchasing on Amigashop, I got an “Update” LHA. I extracted it and ran it.

It went through all the files, and then told me there was nothing to upgrade.

But when I run GetNetStatus, I still get bad socket.library Roadshow 1.14 DEMO version (Roadshow 4.347 29-11-2019 DEMO).

Is there a license file I may have failed to copy? Is there some registration I can make? I am at a loss and I’d like to get my stack to last for longer than 15 minutes after paying the license.

I will also send this by email to the shop, though if they are just a reseller it’s unclear if they’re going to be able to help.

Thank you!
This is very strange.

Purchasing Roadshow should have provided you with version Roadshow 1.14. This would ship either on CD-ROM or you would download it as an LhA archive if you chose so.

The Roadshow 1.14 installation archive contains an installation script which automatically identifies a Roadshow demo version and will upgrade it to the commercial release. That should be all you need :-)

I no case should you have received an update archive for an out-of-date Roadshow version. Version 1.13 is almost four years old. Roadshow 1.14 was released almost a year ago, and this is still the current version.